Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Short story for The Diabetes Diaries



 

Short Story Submited to The Diabetes Diaries (150 words or less)

My name is Dave Nevins and I run, bike, kayak, bungee jump, sky dive, base jump, climb, am a photographer, writer, adventure seeker, direct a diabetes group and I also happen to have type 1 diabetes. I have had diabetes for over 35 years and while it can be difficult, it has positively shaped me and created who I am today. The disease has given me a passion to encourage others with diabetes At times, diabetes has been a challenge but I have found that by staying active, and focused on my health and diabetes care, I am able to live healthier than most individuals and I have been free of diabetes complications and I look forward to what my next adventures will be and hope to inspire others along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment